Friday, April 10, 2009

Fabulous Friday #3

Fabulous Friday ... a day to focus on all the fantastic blessings of God!

~~~~~

How could I not pause today to consider and be grateful for the wonderful sacrifice of Christ? I was the transgressor, the cause, the guilty ... and yet became the recipient, the beneficiary on Good Friday when Jesus paid the price for my sin.

Thank you, God, for your perfect plan. The unimaginable pain of giving your only Son to die only serves to demonstrate just how far-reaching Your love truly is. Wow! To think that we ever question that You care for us and want the very best for us!

Today alone would be such a devastating, crushing commemoration were it not for the knowledge of what came such a short time later - resurrection. As with every year, I am excited about celebrating the risen Savior come Sunday. Yet let me not fail to stop today and truly let my heart sit in all that encompassed the crucifixion of Christ. It is a painful focus - how much hurt Jesus must have faced that day, not just physically but emotionally. So many who loved Him denied Him on that day. How alone He must have felt hanging on that cross, but even then He was concerned only with those beside Him, with his mother Mary, with his disciples, with us. What great love.

Thank you, Christ, for your unfathomable sacrifice. I am humbled to the core to know that You loved us - You loved me - so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment