Monday, April 6, 2009

Meaningful Monday #1

Mondays are always tough days for me. I don't know why I have such trouble getting a new week started, but for some reason, I always seem to start the day in a "blah" mood. As I've been praying this weekend, I realized that perhaps a shift in me was needed to get the week started in a more God-centered frame of mind ... perhaps a shift to starting my week solely focused on praying for others and their needs. Thus begins "Meaningful Mondays."

This morning, my heart and prayers rested here:
  • with my IRL friends Jaime & Melissa, who are trying to adopt from China. Their dossier has been sent and they're now awaiting a "Log In" date
  • with my IRL friends Carla and Heath, that God would do great things in their sweet baby Garrett's life this week: http://www.icenhower-family.blogspot.com/
  • with Stellan, his momma MckMama and his family, from a relatively new blog I've been reading (I think she started "Not Me!" Mondays, by the way). Stellan is in his third week in PICU with some serious heart troubles. Please pray that God would guide the doctors in his treatment this week, and give his parents peace and rest.
Prayers for Stellan
  • with my IRL friend Suzanne and a situation in her family - may God smooth the path ahead
  • with my IRL friend J, that J would turn over real needs to God and let God work it all out
  • with Angie and Todd Smith, who lost their sweet baby girl, Audrey Caroline, a year ago on Tuesday. I randomly stumbled on their blog on Friday night and was captured instantly by their story and their faith in God - I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning to backtrack all the way to the beginning and read forward. I laughed, I cried, I sobbed, I celebrated with them, and I mourned with them.

  • with Cindy Foote, who writes blog I've been following
    (http://www.adoptingaria.blogspot.com/) They're awaiting an adoption referral for a little girl from Ethiopia. Right now they are #2 on the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment