Thursday, April 2, 2009

Truth-Filled Thursday #2

Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.

Proverbs 4:23
(NIV)

~~~~~

I am so humbled by this verse, because as an emotions-driven person, I fail miserably at guarding my heart as regularly as I succeed. How true it is, though; from our heart springs everything. In the days when I am not guarding my heart and it is invaded by jealousy, bitterness, sadness, anger, or even just plain distraction or busyness, it is obvious because the wellspring that pours out from me is tainted with those things. Yet when my heart is focused on and set apart for God, the wellspring of my life evidences that as well. I pray that I will place my heart in God's hands and allow Him to guard it. May He be my one and only hearts' desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment