Saturday, November 8, 2008

A fresh start...

I've tried the whole blog thing before - in fact, I still have another one, but I don't feel like I really thought "why" before I started it. Why did I start it, and what was my goal? I don't think I knew the answer to either question and thus, the blog floundered from the start. Add in the death of my grandpa, a particularly tough spring at work, and a phase of discontent, and I just couldn't get past the feeling that I didn't have anything to write about that anyone would care to read.

Months have passed and though I'm still not sure anyone will truly want to read my thoughts, I am a little more focused in my vision and am ready for a fresh start....

The title says it all, really. There are so many blessings upon the path of life, and how often do I stop to truly consider them? I've been very convicted over the past couple of weeks that I need to work on being honestly grateful in my life. I'm not talking about remembering to say "thank you" or anything like that. I try to live a positive life, but sometimes in the stress and activity of every day, it is too easy to overlook the blessings - simple or profound. How often do we stop in the flurry of life to express gratitude?

Therefore, my direction here is to take the time to reflect on the countless blessings that God has brought into my life and perhaps, in doing so, bring similar blessings from your own life to your mind as well.

I'm sure that I'll fall down on the job from time to time ... so here's my blanket apology and request for your forgiveness when I do. Until then, thanks for joining me on the journey...

2 comments:

  1. I think you have a wonderful idea. I have been working on being more thankful lately, and I really appreciate your comments. You are quite inspirational to me.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. My idea when I first started my blog, was to feature my folk art, but the Lord had a different plan! :)
    I do my devotionals and Bible studies as my main focus of my blog, and from time to time, I'll throw in a pitch for my website, etc., or favorite recipes, give aways at other friend's blogs...
    The more I devote my blog to the Lord, and try to share what he's given to me, the more blessed I am, and then he goes and shows me other women like me, who are also giving him glory in their blogs as well.
    Sadly, it's the trials of life that sometimes are what it takes to get our focus - I know when my daddy died, my whole life took a whole new turn.
    May the Lord bless you and keep you
    May the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you
    May the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace

    I'm going to go click on your "follow my blog" section, so I can in turn get blessed by what the Lord is saying through you!

    Shalom
    Janelle

    ReplyDelete