Sunday, March 22, 2009

Friends, Friends, Friends!


Three posts in two days - I am on a roll!! If you're one of my dear friends who has been with me from the start, please back up a bit and read them all as time allows ... I LOVE the quotes that God used to direct me to His word and better faith over the last few days! Hopefully you'll be happy to hear that I am going to be MUCH more regular in posting now. I've been browsing through a lot of blogs over my spring break and have gotten some great ideas.
~~~~
Now, on to FRIENDS, FRIENDS, FRIENDS!!
Earlier in the month, my precious friend Mary Lee gave me a blog award that just made my day!! Actually it has made my month because I feel so undeserving of her kind words or award. You can visit her here: And Even If... Mary is a wonderful Christian lady whom I've known since sometime in elementary school (so 25 years or so!). My sister babysat her oldest three kids for a few years and then, not being too into the whole babysitting thing, she let me take over her duties when I got old enough. Mary Lee and her kind husband Randy were Sunday School teachers in our youth department and beyond that were absolutely phenomenal blessings in my life. They have been supportive friends, encouraging Christian, and wise counsel over the years. I lost touch with them for several years after college but have been SO blessed to be back in touch. THANKS for the award, Mary!

Now it is MY turn to give the award away to some of my other blogging friends.
The details of blogs chosen for this award: "These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated.

Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award
to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.”

I'd like to pass along this award to my eight friends below:
  • Commenteri - my friend Terri from Super Summer. She is so much fun to read and always makes me chuckle! I think if we'd ever actually lived near to one another and been able to see each other more than once a year, we would be fast friends! I miss laughing with her!
  • Musings from a French Fried Texan - my friend Mentanna from growing up. She never ceases to amaze me! She was one of those youth a few years older than me who I always looked up to. One thing I appreciate about Mentanna is that she has never been afraid to be silly - sometimes I wish I could be more like that!
  • Thoughts I Thunk - my friend Julie from years of Super Summer, YEC, and so much more from my time with BGCT. I don't know how I discovered her blog but her thoughts always draw me closer to our Heavenly Father.
  • Sturgmom in General - Like Julie, I know Amanda from all my years serving through BGCT. Also like Julie, I stumbled on Amanda's blog in some random way and am so glad I did! Her posts make me think, chuckle, or just have some fun. (Amanda, I think our TV taste might be very similar!)
  • SchroFamBlog - Another dear woman of God and Christian role model from my youth. I helped (or tried to help) in kindergarten choir with Suzanne for many years and got to know her - her faith and love for the Lord is a constant inspiration to me.
  • Our Adoption Journey - my friend Melissa from my first few years of teaching. I'm so glad that we've kept in touch! Melissa has two precious little girls (who love my cats) and her family is currently working through the process of adopting a little girl from China. I am so excited to see God at work in their lives!
  • The Press Family - Ginger is another of my dear friends from my first few years of teaching. She, her husband, and their two little boys currently live in California but are about to relocate to Guam for three years. I am SO sad because I doubt I'll get to see her in all of that time, but at the same time I am so thrilled for what God is going to do in their lives!
  • Organized Chaos - my friend Cheryl from church growing up. I lost touch with her for almost a decade and thanks to facebook, we are back in touch! What a blessing! I adore Cheryl's blog title and subtitle, mostly because I wish I'd thought of something similar first. :-)
And there you have it! There are so many more to whom I could give this award, both friends and friends-I've-not-yet-met. I am in a world of blog bliss lately, because I love finding new blogs and reading people's thoughts, stories, and experiences. However, these are some of my friends whose blogs I frequent the most, and I hope you enjoy them, too! Have a wonderful week in the Lord!
Sheryl




1 comment:

  1. hey thanks for the blog award. may your quest to release your inner silliness be a successful one!

    ReplyDelete