Sunday, March 29, 2009

Savoring the Savior

Pausing on the Sabbath to recognize and be grateful for God, His creation, and all the wonderful things He's doing!
~~~~~
March 29, 2009 - Savoring The Simple Things
~~~~~
God has given me so much more than I could ever need, and yet too often I find myself focusing on the things I DON'T have or the things I want instead. Today, my heart has been overwhelmed with the conviction to look around me with gratefulness for all the "simple things" that God has either surrounded me with naturally or given me the means to obtain.
  • Looking out the window ... the sun is shining again, the wind is calm, and spring is peeking out again
  • I am thinking ... about how grateful I am for good friends
  • From my kitchen ... a tall glass of cold milk. Yum!
  • I am thankful for ... the ways technology has helped to connect me to friends, both old and new
  • Coziness ... my favorite black sweats, teal tank, white sweat jacket, and comfy socks
  • Favorite things that surround me today ... super plush blanket, lotion, scented candles
  • I am reading ... My Sister's Keeper (and have a massive stack of books to follow)
  • I am praying ... that God will continue to quiet my heart and make His will for me known
  • Laughter ... soothes the heart and rejuvenates the soul
  • I am hoping ... that it will be a productive week - and that Friday will return quickly
  • Holding close to my heart ... the dream to be a wife and mommy
  • God is telling me ... that I need to invest as much time reading His word as I do reading other things. Ouch! :-)
  • Simple pleasures ... my cats curling up beside me and purring, unexpected letters or emails from friends, worship music, blankets, books, ... and oh, so much more!
Thank you, Lord, for all that you have blessed me with in life, both tangible and intangible. How could I possibly ask for more? Please help my heart to be constantly aware of Your presence in my life, your blessings, and your wonderful ways of working in me.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for such a good reminder of what things are important in life.. :)

    Janelle

    ReplyDelete